Central Hawk

Monday, June 26

The One Where I Talk About My Pups

I guess I haven't really blogged anything positive in awhile, so I thought I'd write an update, which will consist mostly of talking about my dogs. :)

I took Chubbs to his second level agility class Sunday, which is just more off-leash work and more combinations of equipment. Chubbs continues to star. He had a little problem with the weave poles the first time he did them, but after learning what he was supposed to do, never made a mistake again. Apparently, in this class, we learn about gaining more speed. He needs that. My boss has actually persuaded me to think about competing with him. I think he'll make a terrible agility dog because he's slow, but he's a great competition dog. When people are cheering for him, he really shines. I'm also thinking about doing Rally Obedience with him, which are just obedience/agility type courses that mutts can compete in as well as purebreds.

Chubbs has also been continuing his therapy work by going to the group home to entertain the children. This group actually entertained him rather than the other way around. They danced for him and fed him lots of treats. He quite enjoyed it, but he did airsnap at a boy who pulled his back leg up too hard. I've never seen him do that so he must have been really annoyed.

Muggsy and I have just been continuing his weekly walks in Yorba Linda. He spends a lot of his time outside and in his garage bedroom, but it's really helping him calm down. He's a lot easier to deal with when he's in the house. It's been awhile since he's attacked Chubbs.

I have a hard time getting Ross to do things with Fenway, but my goal is to get her involved in something that she'll enjoy. I'm not sure what yet. Any suggestions?

Ross was in Omaha last week during the one of the worst weeks of my life when I fought with co-workers and was the victim of a hit and run on the freeway. It's nice to have him back. I'm a really independent person, so I like being alone from time to time, but he's a huge support to me. I'm glad he's back.

This week, I don't have dog classes, but I'm going to watch my boss do bomb-dog training on Wednesday, I'm attending Taste of Anaheim to support a former co-worker on Thursday, and I'm going to the Counting Crows concert on Friday. I'm always excited when they come into town, being one of my two favorite bands. They're incredible live and listening to them play is like listening to the sound track of my life. Each of their CDs was a favorite when it came out and listening to them reminds me of who I was and what I was going through when the CD came out. Then, this weekend, we're headed out of town to avoid the fireworks. Ross has a friend getting married in Malibu, so we're going to take the dogs and hide out on a beach in Oxnard. Should be interesting.

So I guess that's about it. Everyone have a great week.

1 Comments:

  • Sounds like you have a great weekend planned! Counting Crows, yea. Have fun away from the noise.

    By Blogger Diana, at 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home