Central Hawk

Monday, June 19

The One With the Evil Back-Stabbing Bitch

Um, OK, I think this is the meanest thing that anyone has ever said about me. Evil? I'm evil? I can't even think of anyone that I would say that about and I say that Roy Williams is dead.

I guess I should explain. Friday, I was supposed to have the transition meeting with my former co-workers, who will now be described as the EBSBs, to discuss all the things that they have done for the district that I work for. They were supposed to turn all pertinent documents over to me about their projects. Without getting too specific, the things I was asking for were very mundane, just to save me the work of going back through old POs and contracts. The meeting was terrible. They took pot shots at my personality and lectured me on not talking about them behind their backs to vendors, which I would never do because I'm not 12. They were at their form, playing mind games that would have stumped Einstein. To top it all off, they gave me incomplete information in an effort to make me do poorly at my new job.

As I have worked with these EBSBs for two years and was told upon leaving that I "will always be a part of the team so make sure to protect them," I was expecting them to be much more professional during the meeting. Also, we're not 12. (Have I mentioned that yet? I think it goes without saying.) I spent the whole weekend, in true Rachel fashion, trying to figure out what I had done to make these EBSBs hate me so much.

I decided this: When I left, I was told to "never reveal their secrets." When asked about their projects, I was supposed to say that I didn't know and make them start from scratch. When I got to my new district, I realized that this ridiculous thinking was only going to make MY job harder since I'm the only person in the PR department right now. Thinking they would understand this, I went ahead and made a list of all the things I thought they should provide us when asked to by my manager. I think this was seen as the ultimate betrayl. I'll probably never know what I did.

But today, a co-worker came to me and confided that one of my co-workers came to her Friday and told her to stay away from me because I was an "evil back-stabbing bitch." Now, I can't imagine saying this about someone. I really can't imagine going to someone's new co-workers and trying to turn them against her by saying that. If they want to talk like that about me amongst themselves, that's one thing, but to try to turn my new co-workers against me, wow. I just can't believe someone would do that past the age of, yes, 12.

I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but it's very hurtful. In contemplating all of the ways that I can handle it, I have decided to take the high road and not mention it. I think the best revenge will be continuing to be successful at my job, without them. I don't want to get in a petty fight with people who mean so little to me. But I can't wait until this is over.

5 Comments:

  • You are so right. The best revenge will be to do a great job. Which you will be able do without a problem.

    By Blogger Diana, at 4:19 PM  

  • Nah, the best revenge is to put saran wrap on the toilet ... or have some scary dude stalk her. Muhahaha!

    Just kidding! (kinda)

    By Blogger Monica, at 9:29 PM  

  • Good plan laugh. That's especially effective if she's in bare feet. :) I do know some good stalkers though. I should think about that...

    By Blogger Rachel, at 1:17 PM  

  • Ha ha ha! You keep in touch w/ old stalkers? Probably thru myspace! ;)

    By Blogger Monica, at 11:20 PM  

  • Well, actually, I still have a number or two on my contact list on my phone so that I don't answer when one calls. (Yes, I still occasionally get a call from an old stalker. It's amazing how they keep in touch.)

    By Blogger Rachel, at 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home