Central Hawk

Wednesday, July 5

The One with the New Vacuum

So Rachel reviews concerts and I review ... vacuum cleaners. I guess it's pretty clear who's cooler. ("I use my breasts to get attention." "Hey, we both do that.") At the risk of letting the world know what a huge nerd I am ... I got the coolest vacuum cleaner ever!! My old one finally bit it. It lived a long life and served it's purpose well. What a wonderful gift my parents gave me on my 18th birthday (no, seriously). But it had lost all but a teenie bit of its suction power and was useless. So I bought a Dyson vacuum. This thing is fantastic. It's bagless, it's light, it has a lifetime HEPA filter (whatever that is) and fantastic sucking power! My only complaint is it's a pain to use the attachments. But other than that, I enjoyed a delightful clean up experience yesterday and highly recommend it.

We have some home improvement projects in various states of completion. Chandler is working on redoing our front porch. It's coming along nicely, but the roof keeps leaking, so we have to call a roofer. He's done everything he knows to do, and it's a complete waste to build a beautiful new front porch if it's going to rot out in a couple of years. So he's discouraged by that. I redid my closet this weekend: painted it purplish-pink, hung up a pretty light and bought a nicer shoe organizer. David helped me mix up the paint color using a bunch of old paint we had, then he helped me paint until I decided the fumes were too dangerous since we were all holed up in a closet. Anyway, the results of fabulously girly. I know you'll love it Rach. ;)

Maggie hurt her paw. I think she may have burnt the pad, or had a sore that she picked at. Regardless, she's missing part of the top layer of skin on her pad. I'm putting Neosporin on it. I tried lightly wrapping it, per some Internet directions, but that of course stayed on for the 10 minutes that I stood over her saying "Leave it Maggie," then was promptly ripped off. But she has been leaving the Neosporin on and not licking it off, and I thought it looked better already this morning. She still won't put much weight on it. A three-legged basset hound is a sad sight to see.

And finally, David loves Theo so much that he burst into tears when I got onto Theo for peeing in the house. Theo hiked his leg and started peeing on some wood from the porch project. He doesn't ever ask to go out, just goes with Maggie, but he had been scared to go out b/c of the fireworks. So I didn't realize how long it'd been since he's gone to the bathroom, and apparently he couldn't hold it any longer. I jumped up and tried to get him to stop, but there's no stopping it once it starts! David was just devastated. I had to explain that just b/c I get onto Theo about something doesn't mean I don't love him, etc. etc. He was finally consoled by that! He claims that Theo is his best friend, and that he never wipes Theo's kisses off. They like to play fetch together. :) How cute!

4 Comments:

  • Huh. In that first paragraph, I felt like I was listening to Barry. :) Glad you got something that you like. Maybe you can come vacuum our house. I really should do that more often, what with three dogs and all.

    So cute about David and Theo. I still haven't outgrown the stage where I cry over my dog and think he's my best friend. :) So cute.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 10:18 AM  

  • Aw, Barry and his Kirby's! Now THAT was cute. :)

    By Blogger Monica, at 12:36 PM  

  • Um, no. THAT was irritating.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 1:33 PM  

  • LOL

    By Blogger Monica, at 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home